Our skin goes through many changes on a daily basis. Climatic changes, seasons of the year, products that we use and many other reasons contribute towards reduced glow on your face. You cannot keep these problems at bay just by cleansing. The answer to this is to exfoliate your skin. Skin exfoliation is essential to keep up the radiance. Exfoliating on a regular basis gives you a glowing skin. It helps to remove the dead skin and brings back the radiant skin underneath. Exfoliating also removes all sorts of dirt that is clogged in your pores and is stopping your skin to breath.According to theporexpert.com, more than 89% people who exfoliates twice a week experience an improvement in their skin texture and complexion, and notice a significant decrease in pores sizes. Meaning that, exfoliation can also minimize the size of your pores and help to treat any pores problem.
What is exfoliation and how does this help?
Exfoliating is a process where you use a scrub to gently remove the dead skin and dirt that is accumulated on your skin. This clears your pores and lets your skin to breath. It’s a way to a smoother and softer skin. An exfoliator is used not only for face but for the whole body too.
How often should I exfoliate?
Exfoliating at least once in a week essential to remove the dirt and clear your pores. But in general exfoliating 2 times in a week is recommended. For those with dry and sensitive skin, 2 times might be too much. However, for those with oily skin and those live in warmer places, you may have to exfoliate more than 2 times depending the skin’s requirement.
One above the age of 30 should follow a proper exfoliating process as the skin’s ability to naturally renew itself would have reduced.
Over exfoliating will cause other sorts of problems like pigmentation which is caused to damage and skin irritation. It may also cause larger pores and high levels of sebum secretion which could lead to acne. Larger pores means more bacteria can get into pores and the condition of acne can worsen. These problems are majorly seen in darker skin tones.
Smart way to choose an exfoliator
- If you are a first time user, it is advisable to choose an exfoliator with rounded beads to prevent any damage to your skin. You may also seek professional advice from certified dermatologists and cosmeticians, or why not you check out the website that I’ve mentioned above – http://theporexpert.com for some suggestions. They have some good list of the best pore minimizers in the current market, and exfoliators might be under their interest as well.
- Choose a chemical peel off exfoliator rather than a scrub. Peel off exfoliators has glycolic acid in them and remove dirt without damaging your skin with scrubbing.
- You can also choose to wax your face. It will not only remove facial hair but will also pull of any dirt. No other scrubbing or exfoliating is required after this.
- Exfoliating does not need to be harsh. It should always be a gentle process.
- Best time to exfoliate is in the morning. Your skin renews itself in the night and exfoliating in the morning will result in removing all the dead skin.