Hectic schedules and unhealthy lifestyles can lead to the onset of various health problems and other disorders including altered skin conditions. Two of the most common skin problems that affect a large number of people include Psoriasis and Vitiligo. Although both the conditions are not life-threatening in itself but can severely alter the self-esteem and confidence of the sufferer.
In this blog, we are going to discuss these two conditions in more detail along with effective ways for Psoriasis treatment and Vitiligo treatment.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition and an autoimmune inflammatory skin disease that affects a large number of people. The person suffering from Psoriasis notice the profuse proliferation of the skin cells, which grow rapidly without falling off. It leads to building up of skin cells on the outer skin surface that causes rapid occurrences of thick, red, scaly patches on various parts of the body such as elbows, knees, elbows, lower back etc.
Some of the common psoriasis symptoms include-
- Inflammation and redness of the skin around the scales
- Red patches on the skin that even leads to bleeding in extreme cases
- Roughness and cracking of skin surface, swelling, dry skin, itching & burning sensation etc
Furthermore, depending upon specific symptoms, psoriasis can be of various types such as Plaque psoriasis, Guttate psoriasis, and Pustular psoriasis.
Causes of Psoriasis
Among the most common causes of Psoriasis include-
- Genetic factors
- Weak immune system
- Severe stress or unhealthy lifestyle
- Untreated skin injury
Effective Psoriasis Treatment
Some of the effective ways for Psoriasis Treatment include-
- Use of medicated creams, sprays etc under expert supervision
- Homeopathic treatment
- Phototherapy treatment (also known as light therapy)
- Lifestyle changes and managing stress levels
Unlike Psoriasis, Vitiligo is a specific skin condition that leads to discoloration of skin at specific parts. Sufferer of Vitiligo can see the symptoms anywhere from face to other exposed areas of the body. The condition is not contagious but it can soon lead to depression and low self-esteem if not treated on time.
Some of the common symptoms of Vitiligo include-
- Discoloration of a particular area such as skin, eyes, or hair
- Common occurrences of discolored patches around other body parts such as navel, rectum, armpit etc
- Loss or sudden change of eye color, whitening of hair etc
Depending on affected areas, Vitiligo can be generalized vitiligo (can happen anywhere on the body) or focal vitiligo (that affects specific areas of the body)
Effective Vitiligo Treatment
Some of the most effective ways for Vitiligo Treatment include-
- Medicated creams prescribed by skin specialists
- Having Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 rich diet
- Various therapies such as laser or light therapy
- Skin Grafting techniques