The 1500 calorie diet is a much more tamed weight loss diet than the 1200 calorie diet. This is a diet much closer to the one that an average human being consumes, 1600 – 2400 calories.
This diet will help the person lose weight at a much more gradual pace as compared to the 1200 diet. This is losing weight at a safe pace, and the advantage of this is that losing weight at a comparatively slower speed helps you sustain the diet and the weight.
One thing to keep in mind is that the amount you lose, and the pace at which you lose it, all depends on your age, activity level, and the types of foods that you choose to include in this diet.
In order to lose weight safely and sagaciously, try to shed only 1 or 2 pounds a week. For this you just need a simple mathematical calculation, try to cut down your calorie intake by 1000 kcal. If you are consuming 2500 calories a day then try to cut it down to 1500.
However, if your normal intake is 2000 calories it would be advisable to cut it down by 500 calories. Since it is a rapid shortening of calories, a 1500 calorie diet is useful since it lets you consume adequate amount of food without putting your muscle mass at risk.
You must, however, be very vigilant with the type of food you pick to consume because if it is the wrong type of food then your diet plan will end up back-firing on you. You need enough protein and fibre to keep you fulfilled and yet refrain you from gaining weight.
Have a look at the options that you can take advantage of for your 1500 calorie diet plan:
- Avocado Toast: 1 slice whole grain bread, 1 large egg fried in ¼ tsp of olive oil, 1/2 avocado, 1 clementine
- Tomato-Basil Ricotta 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese, 5 fresh basil leaves, 4 slices tomato, and 2 slices of whole grain bread.
- Soup and Cheddar Cheese Baguette: 2 slices of baguette toasted with 2 tbsp of cheddar cheese on top with pepper sprinkled to taste. Serve with 2 cups of ravioli and vegetable soup.
- Turkey Sandwich: 2 slices of whole-grain bread topped with 5 thin slices of turkey, 1 slice low-fat cheese, and 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- Garlic Basil Shrimp Zucchini pasta: 1 cup boiled whole wheat pasta noodles, mixed with 3 ounces of shelled shrimp, 1 cup chopped zucchini, 2 tbsp of fresh basil, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps: 2 whole wheat tortillas stuffed with 2/3 cup cooked chicken strips, ¼ cup scallions, 2 tbsp peanuts, 1 tbsp hot sauce, and 1 cup of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot.
- 14 almonds and a small apple,
- 100 calorie mini popcorn,
- 1-ounce string cheese
- 4 whole grains crackers